Inquisition scouts came by the Green Ronin booth at Gen Con to take on the Tevinter warrior challenge. There they found copies of the Dragon Age RPG Set 1 Game Master’s Guide and a series of 12 questions:
In the Tevinter Imperium, it is mages that rule. The old families, known as the altus, are nobles and mages both. The warriors come from the soporati, the commoner class, and they will never have the prestige of the altus in their homeland. A Tevinter warrior could really make a name in the Inquisition, though, especially if such a warrior could find a dragon egg. Such a task requires more than fighting skill, however. So, Inquisition scout, get ready for a challenge!
Take a handout and look at the list on the back. Flip through the pages of the Set 1 Game Master’s Guide of the Dragon Age RPG to find the numbers that fit the descriptions of the tasks in that list. The number you get after adding or subtracting the value you find in the book corresponds to a letter of the alphabet (A=1, B=2, etc.); if you reach the end of the alphabet, wrap around to the front. These letters will reveal a move that every warrior should know, which is your answer.
- Start with the basic test difficulty of Imposing.
- Add the bonus when the attacker is on higher ground.
- Apply the penalty to Dexterity from a Giant Spider’s poison bite stunt.
- Add the Speed of an Avvarian Hunter.
- Add the Dalish Raider’s defense.
- Subtract the maximum damage from a bite from a Giant Rat.
- Add the Dragonling’s attack roll bonus for its fire gout.
- Subtract the number of dice in damage that you suffer if you fall from Bloodcrow Bridge.
- Apply the bonus if the defender is unaware of the attack.
- Add the Bronto’s attack roll bonus for its Gore.
- Apply the Shade’s Strength.
- Add the age of the Harn and Kelsa’s oldest son, Dorn, apprenticed to Coalan the smith.
If you’ve got a copy of the Dragon Age RPG Game Master’s Guide, you can test your mettle and see if you’ve got what it takes to solve this challenge.
From August 29 to September 1 in Seattle, you can tackle the Ferelden, Starkhaven, and Chantry challenges, the latter of which can be found online. See you at PAX Prime!